MBG Property Management is in search of a Property Manager to join our team at a 168-unit family-based Section 8 affordable housing complex.
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and approve Project Based Section 8 and Housing Tax Credit certifications as well as site inspections and reporting that comply with applicable state, federal and local laws as they relate to housing program/policies
- Tenant Relations: Ensure positive resident relations through exceptional customer service and timely responses to tenant requests and concerns.
- Budgeting and Rent Collection: Oversee and participate in maximizing income potential and controlling operating expenses, maintain an occupancy percentage of 97% at all times, oversee and participate in rent collection, fee collection, and collection of delinquent rents.
- Marketing and Occupancy: marketing outreach and networking, meet and greet customers in person and on the telephone, show and rent apartments to prospects; take applications and other necessary paperwork to rent apartments
- Physical Property: ensure the community is an enjoyable place for our residents to call home; provide all residents with exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience processing Section 8 and Housing Tax Credit certification paperwork
- Previous experience in team management
- Previous experience leasing residential apartments – or sales experience in other fields
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Affordable Housing Programs
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as work cohesively within a team, with great attention to detail and accurateness
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Applicants must pass a background check
We offer a competitive compensation package including PTO, 401K, Medical, Dental and Life Insurance.
MBG Property Management is a Twin Cities-based family-owned property management firm whose mission is to provide quality, clean and affordable living options for apartment and townhome renters. We own and manage both non-subsidized and subsidized facilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time