MBG Property Management is in search of an exceptional person to join our team. The Project Manager/Maintenance Director will take a lead role in the coordination and management of new construction projects, renovations, capital improvement, deferred maintenance projects and by interfacing with the onsite staff, contractors, subcontractors, architects, and engineers to provide a coordinated flow of information and attention to project priorities.
- Partner with the Maintenance Manager to procure, direct and coordinate the work of contractors for new construction, renovations, capital improvement and major repair projects to ensure all work conforms to MBG standards. Provide status updates during all phases of a project.
- Reviews and manages construction documents, specifications, shop drawings and contracts. Monitors project schedules and construction progress. Keeps records of all construction meetings and daily logs, plans, specifications, shop drawings, owner’s manuals, contracts and permits of construction projects.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Manager to determine if projects should be completed with assistance from MBG maintenance staff and manages these projects to ensure they are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Keeps accurate up-to-date records for construction budget costs and the direct purchase of construction materials. Reviews invoices and verification of payments to subcontractors/suppliers. Tracks job progress against schedules, confirms substantial and final completion, establishment and resolution of punch lists, and verification of contract compliance.
- Supervises arrangements for and scheduling with affected properties with any interruptions of space, utilities, power, steam, water, roads, parking, etc. caused by projects.
- Directs the one-year warranty phase of projects and reports items requiring correction. Follows up to ensure adequate measures are taken by appropriate parties. Coordinates training to ensure that maintenance staff is provided appropriate training in the operation and maintenance of new buildings or systems. Archiving of all final project specific information into MBG files.
- All other construction process related activities as required.
- Manages the “Work by Owner” portion of projects to see that the necessary work is performed by outside contractors or MBG maintenance staff.
- Assists identifying budgeting requirements related to new construction, renovations, capital improvement and major repair projects.
- Member of the Management Team
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and participates on safety team.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, tools, equipment and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Makes recommendations for improving operations, polices, procedures and solving maintenance related problems.
- Supervises maintenance personnel schedules and priorities.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated so that maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Evaluates competencies of personnel, is a good motivator and institutes personnel development plans to successfully meet existing and future requirements.
- Communicates regularly with maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge and contribution of maintenance technicians.
- Coordinates and directs the maintenance team by planning activities which include but are not limited to, preventative maintenance programs and facility infrastructure maintenance.
- Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Ensure city, county, state and federal regulations relating to maintenance department are met at all times
- Manage emergency on-call schedule for afterhours maintenance emergencies. While maintenance technicians will be assigned to a rotating on call schedule, the maintenance director might also participate in the rotating schedule outside of the specified regular work week. To meet this expectation and essential job function, the maintenance director must have a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle to respond to such position responsibilities. Employees driving their personal vehicle for such purposes are to have the required state minimum vehicle insurance coverage.
- Maintain and manage all facility related maintenance matters; snow removal, heating, cooling, plumbing, structural issues – windows, doors, electrical, lighting.
- Establish relationships with all vendors and negotiate bulk pricing
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Training:
- The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates degree from two-year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field and five years’ experience in the maintenance and/or operation of a process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with repairs and maintenance
- 5 + years of Leadership Experience: Directly supervises maintenance staff. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Assists with interviewing, hiring, training maintenance employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year