MBG Property Management is growing! We are looking to add an entry level Maintenance Technician to our White Bear Lake location. We are in need of an individual who is skilled in multiple areas as well as interested in learning and growing with the company. Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the overall well-being of the property ensuring we deliver on our mission to provide quality, clean and affordable living options for apartment and town home renters.
We are now offering a $1,000 hiring bonus – new hires will receive $250.00 after 60-days, $250.00 after 6 months and $500.00 after 1-year of employment!
- Routinely walks property checking for problems and reports back to supervisors.
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Maintain working relationship with manager.
- Complete daily work orders as scheduled.
- Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Performs maintenance and repairs in areas of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, painting, and other building repairs.
- Clean units at turnover
- Clean common area laundry rooms
- Snow removal from sidewalks and building entrances
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Be able to complete all forms and work orders.
- Maintain professional image.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Have a valid driver license/insurance and reliable vehicle.
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Be on a call emergency service rotation.
- Be able to do snow removal when needed by shovel and/or blower.
- Be able to get appropriate boilers license and pool operator license if needed.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year general experience in building trades, repair/replacement maintenance, or handy work.
- Applicants must pass a background check and have a clean driving record.
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to lift 50-100 lbs following appropriate safety procedures; Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; Crawl in small and tight spaces; Work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain); Walk and climb stairs; Reach with hands and arms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of spoken and written word; Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions; Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands, and fingers; Ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply please submit your resume OR fill out an application online at:
You must use these credentials to get logged in and begin filling out the application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour