Full Job Description
MBG Property Management is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Manager to join our team at an affordable housing community located in Maplewood, MN.
- Show and lease apartments in 2 buildings, ensuring minimal occupancy loss
- Process all Project Based Section 8 and Housing Tax Credit certifications; comply with applicable state, federal and local laws as they relate to housing program/policies
- Coordinate and maintain the Waiting List to consistently adhere with HUD’s rules and regulations.
- Assist Property Manager with the day-to-day operation of the property.
- Attend occasional evening/weekend gatherings for residents
- Comply with federal and state fair housing requirements
- Previous experience processing Section 8 or Housing Tax Credit certification paperwork
- Previous experience leasing residential apartments – or sales experience in other fields
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI software
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Basic understanding of Affordable Housing Programs
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as work cohesively within a team, with great attention to detail and accurateness
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Applicants must pass a background check
We offer a competitive compensation package including PTO, 401K, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental and Life Insurance.
MBG Property Management is a Twin Cities-based family-owned property management firm whose mission is to provide quality, clean and affordable living options for apartment and townhome renters. We own and manage both non-subsidized and subsidized facilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Maplewood, MN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Compliance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person